Monday, February 21, 2011

Feb 20, 2011- Capstone day 1


For my Capstone class I am going to read one My Utmost For His Highest devotion every day and write about it. I have trouble reflecting on things if I don't write about it, so this is like a journal, except anyone can read it... whatever. So here's day 1:

Today’s devotional talked about what God wants from us after telling us to do something. He doesn’t want us to daydream about it, but rather go right away to do what He has told us to.

I guess it’s been sort of hard figuring out what God wants me to do now since I don’t have parents telling me what to do all the time being the voice of God. It’s easier to ignore God when you know you won’t be immediately scolded for it.

Since I haven’t been having devotions lately, church has been my main place to hear from God. Today’s sermon was about being a deep person. Instead of staying shallow in our relationship with God we should go deeper to get to the real treasures that come from following Him. One way to get deeper in our relationship with God is to do what He tells us to…

That’s sort of redundant. God tells me to do what he tells me to do. I guess I need to have more devotions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment