Saturday, February 12, 2011

School

Today I realized why I like school (most classes... not all). Grades consistently reward me for working hard and punish me for being lazy. I know what to expect from school and what it expects from me. School is a stable thing.  I like the grading system. My grades define me. 


Though this has been a lovely thing because grades have motivated me when nothing else could, it is also bad because I am graduating soon. After school I won't have homework :/  Other things in life, such as gardens and relationships, aren't as stable. You can feel like you're giving everything you have, then your plants get infested by bugs or your kids tell you you're being a bad parent and they want to run away. 


The cheesy moral of the story would be that I should find my identity in God and wait for rewards in heaven. It's really true, but difficult... and I'd rather do homework than think deeply about it right now... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment