Friday, August 6, 2010

Midwife, etc.

Our lovely house so far.

Today has been exciting already and it's not even 6 pm.

Yesterday my husband informed me that today he's going on a camping trip so this morning I made the guys a bunch of (fabulous) oatmeal raisin cookies. Recipes on oatmeal... tubes? cylinders? pipes? containers? actually do taste good. I really wanted to go camping, but the food situation discouraged me. I'm sure I'd eat all the food the first day and everyone else would get mad.

After Mark and the guys left Becca came over to work on our research projects but first we went to a garage sale... which was inside a house... where we bought some cute baby clothes for Sunny :) They were just 25 cents each! Then we worked intensely on our research.

When Becca left I called the midwife everyone has been telling me I should talk to. I've put it off for several months. I think I'm scared I won't qualify and I will seem too bold for wanting a home birth. The midwife answered the phone (yeah, cuz I called it, duh) and said people have been asking her if I'd talked to her yet. That felt funny. In the last few months she's become a sort of celebrity or idol in my head. Right after letting me know that she'd heard of me she said "um, can I call you back? I need to put a shirt on." lol. We should get along well. We're going to meet on Tuesday. Hopefully I qualify for a home birth.

Oh! Also, before Mark left we took some cookies to our new neighbors who just moved in on the other side of the wall. They are nice people... which is nice, though if we didn't like each other it would be easy to do lots of fun mean things to each other... but having nice neighbors you like is better. We are even friends on facebook so we really are friends now. Plus the wife said her mom had 4 kids born at home, so hopefully she won't mind my screaming too much. I'm excited to be friends with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment