Friday, August 13, 2010

Pregnancy update


Sunny Laila Kim  is due in 58 days! According to the pregnancy calendar (yes, you can click on it) I've been pregnant for 222 days! Oh, how they've sped by. At the same time it feels like I've always been this spherical. I don't feel like I was every skinny, especially when I look at pictures of when I was. That couldn't have been me!

So far I've gotten quite a collection of pregnancy symptoms:
weight gain (29 pounds!)
- back spasms
- breast leakage (ewww!) (my husband says I'm milking)
- swollen hands and feet
- gums that bleed when I brush my teeth
- heart burn (Tums are my drug)
- itchy skin
- leg cramps
- pins and needles feeling in feet (started today)
- skin rashes
- stretch marks :(
- tiredness (on crack)
- urinary frequency (run! --> trickle --> flush.)

Usually they don't all happen at the same time though, so it hasn't been too awful. Most of the symptoms just started after month 5... when I started actually showing, so I've been fortunate. Plus I have a noble husband <3 who pampers me.

Today we pretty much decided to have Sunny at the hospital instead of at home since it's free. Free is great! I feel peace about it. Plenty of people have babies in hospitals and survive. I'll still try to go without all the drugs they'll try to stick in me though.

Somehow I feel better having a man deliver my baby than a woman. Maybe I think men know more what they're doing... no. Probably men are just better at making people think they know what they're doing.

So, 54 days (more or less) and I'll be rushing off to the hospital. I'm pretty excited now, not about the pain, just about getting this little creature out of me and getting to hold her. I think what has made me get most excited has been getting the nursery ready. Before that I was sort of apathetic towards the whole having a new baby concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment